Below are links to a selection of academic and practitioner organisations researching and working on international disaster law issues.
For an overview of the application of law in various disaster contexts, see our Information Sheets.
- American Society of International Law, Disaster Law Interest Group
- Italian universities, International Disaster Law Project
- Copenhagen Centre for Disaster Research (COPE)
- Enhancing Synergies for Disaster Prevention in the European Union (The ESPREssO Project)
- University of Reading, School of Law, Global Crisis, Conflict and Disaster Management programme
Humanitarian & Other Practitioner Organisations
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Disaster Law Programme
- International Law Commission, Draft Articles on the Protection of Persons in the Event of Disasters
- Development Initiatives, Global Humanitarian Assistance Report 2016